Friends of HKMM
Why Join Friends of HKMM?
The Hong Kong Maritime Museum (HKMM) story began when it was incorporated in 2003. This decision was taken by a group of people who recognised the need to preserve the rich maritime heritage of Hong Kong and provide an environment where visitors can share a common passion for ships and the sea.
As an independent registered Hong Kong charity, HKMM offers a wide range of educational activities and public programmes coupled with permanent and special exhibitions for visitors from all walks of life. The assistance of our Friends and volunteers are important for the Museum to provide ongoing learning opportunities to thousands of local school children, host world-class exhibitions and purchase cultural heritage objects that support the mission of the Museum.
Friends of HKMM hosts exclusive events including evening drinks, private guided tours, expeditions, seminars, talks and more. When you become a Friend of HKMM, in addition to enjoying a wealth of benefits, you will be contributing to the fundraising efforts of the organisation and become a Museum ambassador. The Friends group operates with the assistance of Museum’s staff to help identify priorities in public programming for the benefit of the underprivileged in Hong Kong.
Subject to Museum’s reopening schedule, the followings have been planned for 2021:
• (Friends-Exclusive) 30% discount on enrolling first-ever HKMM online short course on Maritime History and Museology in February.
• “Involuntary Pairs” Exhibition Opening Invitation
• (Friends-Exclusive) Visit to the HSBC Archive
• (Friends-Exclusive) A glimpse at a private collection
• (Friends-Exclusive) Visit to the Marine Police Collection
• 25% discount on one-year print subscription of the Orientations magazine
Latest Activities (Exclusive to Friends of HKMM)
Curator's Talk: Photographs from the 1950s: Marjorie Doggett’s Singapore, Lee Fook Chee’s Hong Kong
Please email for registration and enquiries.