A week of activities, Maritime Awareness Week 2015 is organised to help young people learn more about onshore and offshore career opportunities in the maritime sector, one of Hong Kong's most vibrant and growing industries. This year we have new programming to help students and the public understand and appreciate the vital importance of the shipping industry and the many professional job opportunities available.
Co-organised by the Hong Kong Maritime Museum, the Hong Kong Shipowners Association and Maritime Services and Training Institute.
- On a real life raft, learn how to survive at sea with limited resources (sponsored by HUD Group)
Tug Boat Tours
- A guided tour on board the M.V. Yam O. Visit the deck, the engine room, crews quarters and the galley
- Tuesday, 10 Nov.; Wednesday 11 Nov.; Friday 13 Nov.; and Sunday 15 Nov.
- 30 minute tours 10:00 to 16:00, except during pre-booked school visits
- Sign-up at the front desk
- Museum ticket required
Speak to representatives from:
- HUD Group (Hong Kong United Dockyards Limited)
- Hong Kong & Kowloon Motor Boats & Tug Boats Association
- China Navigation
Join us on 14 November at 14:30 for a talk about Maritime Careers onshore and hear from professionals across a range of industries that make up Hong Kong's maritime cluster.
- Tug boat tours
- Navigational chart reading (sponsored by MSTI)
- Ship simulator visits
- 30 Student Ambassadors from eight schools will be on hand during Maritime Awareness Week to guide schools and visitors to activities
Supported by the Hong Kong Education Bureau and the Maritime Services Training Institute (MSTI).
Click here to visit Voyager, a website is dedicated to young people in Hong Kong who aspire to a career in the maritime shipping industry.