The CSSC Maritime Heritage Resource Centre is a central repository for publications and archival documents about maritime heritage, culture and history of Southern China, the Pearl River Delta region and Hong Kong. The collection includes both scholarly and popular works, with some items dating back more than 300 years. Our collection includes works that cannot be found in the public domain anywhere else in Hong Kong.
The collection includes primary and secondary sources:
- Primary source materials include rare and unique maps and charts, documents, prints, manuscripts, photographs and albums;
- Secondary sources include books, periodicals, auction catalogues, reference materials and items dedicated to museum studies; and
- Institutional archives of the Hong Kong Maritime Museum, shipping company records and biographical and event records. These materials generally are in loose forms such as leaflets, pamphlets and articles.
Using the Centre
- The Resource Centre provides a quiet environment for conducting in-depth research as well as leisure reading
- Research assistance is available upon request.
- Materials are not allowed to be removed from the Centre.
- For more information about copyright permissions and image licensing fees please see here: Pricing Application form
Location and Hours of Operation
We welcome students, scholars and maritime enthusiasts. The Resource Centre is located on the ground level of Pier 8.
Visitation is by appointment only Monday through Friday 10:00 to 17:00.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +852 3713 2500