Submission Period: February 2017 to April 2017
Deadline: 28 April 2017
There are two categories:
- Division I: Secondary 1-3
- Division II: Secondary 4-6
Who may enter
All interested secondary students are encouraged to enter.
2017 Maritime Awareness Writing Competition is supported by Maritime and Aviation Training Fund which aimed to:
- Encourage participation in Maritime Awareness events
- Facilitate discussions amongst secondary school students of the importance of sustaining Hong Kong as an international maritime centre
- Encourage students to learn about career opportunities and prospects in maritime industry
Division I: S1-S3 - Imagine it is 2037 and you are working in the maritime industry! What job would you have? What would be the biggest challenges you would face? How would you overcome those challenges?
Division II: S4-S6 - Imagine it is 2037 and you are in charge of getting young people interested in pursuing a career in Hong Kong’s maritime industry! What do you think the most exciting innovations in maritime industry are since 2017? How have things stayed the same? How would you get young people excited to pursue a career in the maritime industries?
- Essays in English and Chinese are both welcome
- Word limits: ~300-500 words
- Microsoft word file with font Arial (English) or 新細明體(Chinese) in size 12
- Your entry must be original and unpublished.
- Submission by email to email@example.com on or before 28 April 2017 at 10:00PM with your full name, phone number, email address, name of school, name of teacher, school address.
All winners, including Frist, Second, Third Place and Merit winners will receive a free outreach visit to their class by a Hong Kong Maritime Museum educator!
- First place winner in each category will receive $2,000 book coupon
- Second place winner in each category will receive $1,000 book coupon
- Third place winner in each category will receive $500 book coupon
- 5 x Merit winner in each category will receive $300 book coupon
Results will be announced on www.hksoa.org & www.hkmaritimemuseum.org. Winners of the competition will receive a further notice by email and by phone.