HKMM is seeking to recruit an assistant curator to join the curatorial staff. Supervised by the Assistant Director (Curatorial and Collections), the successful applicant will be responsible for daily curatorial works, collection management and registrations;assisting in developing exhibition contents, and undertakingresearch for exhibition projects and museum collections.
Previous experience in a similar position is preferable, along with a degree in a relevant specialty of maritime history, Hong Kong/ Pearl River Delta Region/ Chinese history, archaeology, anthropology, museum studies, or relevant disciplines. Excellent oral, written and research skills in both Chinese and English are required.
Applications addressing the Position descriptionshould be forwarded to Mr. Willy Cheung, Executive Officer firstname.lastname@example.org cc. to Dr. Libby Chan, Assistant Director (Curatorial & Collections) email@example.com
Applications close on 24 January 2020.
For further information contact Dr. Libby Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supports the museums daily curatorial routine with respect to the monitoring of displays and stored materials as well as conducts registration work.
- Provides support in the planning and organization of exhibitions and daily curatorial programs.
- Supports the preparation of accurate exhibition related materials, including images, panel texts, labels, checklists and other exhibition details.
- Undertakes research for exhibition projects and production of related catalogues and publications.
- Undertakes collection-based and/or original research in areas relevant to the HKMM mission.
- Participates in the identification, recording, and organization of the collections to enhance access and retrieval of materials for study and exhibition.
- Interacts with staff and museum clients with tact, courtesy and respect. Projects a positive and professional attitude. Cooperates and supports teamwork; maintain and strengthens customer relations.
- Works in a safe manner at all times, complying with the Museum safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to accomplish the goals of the Museum.
Please see the PDF for details.