A highly specialized field of expertise, learn more about maritime archaeology, the benefits to communities, past and prospective projects and legal issues surrounding the protection of underwater heritage.
- Chris Dobbs, Mary Rose Trust, Portsmouth, UK
- Dr. Fred Hocker, Director of Research, Vasa Museum, Stockholm, Sweden
- Bill Jeffery, PhD, The Hong Kong Maritime Museum
- Lydia Ho Hong Kong Underwater Heritage Group
- Prof. HO Pui-yin, Council Member, Lord Wilson Heritage Trust
As a historically important harbour and today, one of the busiest ports in the world, the research, identification and preservation of Hong Kong’s underwater cultural heritage is the basis of this highly accessible book. There are estimated to be hundreds of archaeological sites dating back 7,000 years in Hong Kong with many located along the coast and underwater. Learn more about a new database of sites and site surveys, understand Hong Kong’s maritime connections, and read about two underwater cultural heritage surveys and future plans in this fascinating field of expertise.
Made possible by a grant from the Lord Wilson Heritage Trust